Finally updating this space after 1000 years haha oops.
Sydney trip was nothing short of amazing haha was v much looking forward to going and I’m so glad it didn’t disappoint (even the weather held up for us!!) Tried to take nicer shots this time instead of the usual touristy/selfie kinda shots and I’m really really pleased at how they turned out heh. It was truly exciting because it felt like I was viewing things in a completely new perspective like I was seeing the world again for the first time haha such rare precious moments~~
Came back and immediately rushed camp stuff. If anything this camp was a lot more of a service camp than anything, but still good anyways! Was v apprehensive before camp because of everything I heard about it/my own impressions/the choices that I questioned, but ultimately I guess all that matters was that the campers experienced God in their own way and that the camp atmosphere facilitated it, so it turned out good! (This is how you tell when you’re getting older)
Christmas! Jesus is the reason for the season and it was very nice to be surrounded by people who constantly remind me so.
Spent the remainder of that week holed up at home/in church rushing all the work that I didn’t do in November/early December. In the process of doing so I started questioning whether I had made full use of my holiday, don’t have a definite answer but I’m definitely glad to have had the first few weeks to actually rest instead of doing work~
2014 has been one heck of a year, and it’s been far from easy, but these people made it so much more bearable, so josh jav timo and joel if you read this, thank you for being in my life.
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS!!! Was debating with myself on whether or not to do this after failing time and time again to complete them, but it’s always good to have a goal and to have something to work for so I thought I’d do it anyway.
1. BE HEALTHIER. With A’s this year I doubt I’ll have much scheduled time to exercise (PE in school), and dance will step down after all the performances, so I need to maintain my fitness level (hahahahahaha I mean build up)!! Have decided to go back to one of my favourite sports so here’s hoping I swim at least twice a month!! Probably will do so on Saturday mornings between piano and church so it’ll be a good wake up call heh.
2. WORK HARD PLAY HARD. A’s this year and I really really don’t wanna screw up, especially since I’m aiming for courses that need straight As! Don’t procrastinate, but do everything in moderation and take breaks and stuff. STOP WATCHING SO MANY SHOWS limiting myself to maximum 40 minutes a day (which is either 1/2 episodes so different from my previous 10 episodes a day ahahaha) so hopefully I will have more time to work and play!
3. SLEEP EARLIER. Latest 1230 and stop being late for lessons ahhhhhhhhhhhh especially now that there are morning lessons hahaha.
4. BE MORE INTENTIONAL WITH MY FRIENDSHIPS. Even if that means cutting down on some time spent watching shows/play time/swimming (ahahaha) I want to be more intentional with my friendships. Reflecting on the past year made me realise how bad a friend I am and how it’s always other people checking up on me first instead of the other way round and also how I just forget to reply some people~ Lost a lot of people in the past few years and I fully intend to kickstart some of them again, even if it means less time spent with other people.
5. THE BATCH. This is kind of kickstarting friendships but I decided to put it as a whole other resolution haha. Not just hanging out with the batch again but also getting over things in the past and choosing to love no matter what.
This year is no doubt going to be tiring, but I know with God and with everyone around me that I will make it through. I think this years theme for myself is choosing to love; choosing to love God in the way I live my life, choosing to love myself in the way I take care of my health, choosing to love others through my actions. Bring it on 2015.